Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sleep Deprivation & Tears (from his caringbridge)

4:30 AM- Slam head on nightstand trying to hit snooze on my phone. Oh right, it's EEG day! Ugh! Roll out of bed

6:30 AM- Get kids up. Pack lunches. Make breakfas

7:30 AM- realize the middle child with curly hair lost my keys, call mother in law, freak out, dig through dirty clothes basket, find keys

9:00 AM- Check In at OPSU at NHRMC FOR EEG.

10:00 AM- EEG COMPLETE

So, it was quite the day. Arriving late after a hectic morning at the house, not having my wallet (thankfully we have been there so often they don't usually need our ins. cards and such), and then nearly being hit by a car on the way to the hospital. I was actually happy when we were shown to the room and the electrodes were placed with little fan-fare from Silas. He did fuss a little. Thankfully, we had a well-experienced tech at the helm. Paul, our tech, had been doing this for about 20 years. It was interesting watching him stare at my son, then back at the screen, even if a bit alarming. I did ask him about what he saw, and he said *MOST of it looks like involuntary movement* but threw in the disclaimer about Dr Tennison, our neurologist, doing the reading and report. He told me Dr. Tennison usually has quick turn-around time and to call later today if I had not received results by 4pm. So I called, no results yet. Hopefully soon. You'll know when I know. As always, we wait and see...

Edited to add a few questions I was just asked twice by two different people:

What will the results answer?

A few possible answers we might get for our questions:

1) is his shakiness seizure activity
2) where in the brain are the abnormal movements coming from
3) does he have any abnormal brain wave activity that gives us any information about why his head is so small

No comments:

Post a Comment