Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Puzzle Pieces (from his caringbridge)

I spoke with genetics today. Answered lots of questions. We have a genetics appointment August 6, 2013 at 9am here in Wilmington. We were thinking we would have to travel to Chapel Hill but the Satellite Clinic is running again :) Yay!

One of the areas touched on, the question of whether my mother actually has neurofibromatosis, seemed of particular importance to the coordinator. As did the fact that my mother, sister, myself, and Clara all have freckles. She also requested Claras's neurological evaluations and results and my pregnancy records. She asked if I ever had an NF screening. I have not, and said the Doctor may wish to examine me as well. This seemed of particular interest to her.

The conversation lasted at least an hour. Glad I could offer good information and still willing to do whatever it takes to help my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment